Simple, realistic, attainable practices to help you reset your day.
New practices will be added regularly.
Daily Reset 1 – Mini-stretch
- Stand up. Take a deep breath in, just feel your breath.
- Interlace your fingers behind your back, press through stretching across front of shoulders and chest.
- Drop your chin to your chest, slowly circle the head, pausing where you need an extra stretch.
- Shake everything out and smile.
Daily Reset 2 – Journal
- Get a piece of paper or journal and pen/pencil.
- Make 3 columns: #1 – What is important to me? #2 – Why is this important? #3 – I am grateful for…
- Set a timer for 2 minutes. Before starting times, take 3 deep, long breaths.
- Spend 2 minutes on column #1, just list out anything that comes to mind. Repeat for column #2 and #3.
- When you’ve finished take a look at your lists. How do you feel?
Daily Reset 3 – Food
- For your next meal, pick one thing that will make it just a little bit healthier.
- Examples: water instead of soda or juice, add an extra serving of green vegetables (fist size), or use a smaller plate if you are struggling with portion sizes.
Daily Reset 4 – Movement
- Go outside for a 10 minute walk, leave the phone at home. Unplug. Listen and see your surroundings. Breathe slowly, deeply, take your time. Feel the air, maybe the sun or rain. Check-in, how are your feeling physically emotionally, mentally?